Monday, July 19, 2010

Back into it





I am back in the UK for the start of the second part of my Nuffield adventure. Harvest is just about to start in the next couple of days. Crops seem to be hanging on and everyone seems bit anxious. For me things look pretty good but most people feel yeilds will be a bit below average, something we are certainly used to the last few years. I had an interesting experience at Heathrow with the Customs official. I felt like I was on Border Security as he spent an hour going right through everything I had. It was very nerve racking at the time but as they say - All part of the experince.
This wheat is still about 3 weeks from harvest. Will probably yeild 8-9t/ha.

Lukes family run sheep and cattle as well. Not a lot of livestock in this part of Norfolk but these animals looked magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment