Saturday, September 4, 2010

Next stop - NZ

As I make my way around the country you see a lot of interesting things. Want a good travellers tip - keep the camera close handy. Anyway driving along the famous Route 66 the other day I came across this.
Some dude thought it would be funny 50 years ago to stick 10 cars, I think Cadillacs, half in the ground along the side of the road. Its a popular tourist stop and people add their own bit of artwork to the cars as they please with the spray cans left on the ground.
While I was there a group of Mustangs pulled up to see what their fellow automobile enthusiast had achieved. I noticed a few Aussie flags. Turn out they were on a tour driving the whole length of the country on Route 66. A few were from my local area too - small world hey.
I write this in the LA airport as I prepare to head off to tackle the silver ferns. I have really enjoyed my time in the US and am a bit sad to leave. I say goodbye to the home of cheeseburgers, plastic utensils, big steaks, cheap fuel and everyone in Texas that does not own a pair of shorts. I have been extremely well looked after and everyone has been very obliging, even when I did drive down the wrong side of the road (only once and I blame Tom Tom).

No comments:

Post a Comment